Wisdom teeth that partially emerge or erupt rotated, can also cause painful crowding and disease. Since teeth extracted before the age of 20 have less developed roots and few complications, the ADA (American Dental Association) recommends that people between 16 and 19 go to the dentist so that the professional evaluates the need to extract their wisdom teeth. Click here for best dentist for wisdom tooth extraction singapore.
Symptoms that wisdom teeth come out of space or crooked
To define these dental conditions the term impacted tooth or impacted teeth is used, its symptoms are easily recognizable:
- Increased sensitivity and pain throughout the wisdom tooth area that is coming out
- Inflammation and redness of the gum
- Chewing and eating discomfort
- Swelling of the molars (noticeable on the cheeks)
- Greater sensitivity in the mouth and general pain of the teeth
- Occasionally, infection of the gums that generate the symptoms mentioned above. Visit this site for best dentist for wisdom tooth extraction singapore.
How are wisdom teeth extracted?
Tooth removal is a routine procedure. Your dentist or specialist oral surgeon will recommend a general anesthetic or a local anesthetic to numb only the area during the surgical procedure.
After removal of the tooth (or teeth), your dentist will ask you to bite a gauze for 30 or 45 minutes to stop the bleeding. There may be some pain and inflammation that will disappear after a few days. You should call your dentist if you have acute or prolonged pain, inflammation, bleeding or fever after extraction.
The removal of wisdom teeth due to crowding or retention should not affect the bite or future oral health.